What you need to get started:
Plan of Action
This guide is designed to guide you through using DataTurbine for the first time. Data Turbine is a powerful tool with lots of options and possible configurations that are discussed in subsequent sections. This It will show you how to
- Run DataTurbine on a local system
- Load some generated data
- View it in Real Time Data Viewer
- First lets start a server that will hold the data
- Verify Java is installed on your system.
- Download the DataTurbine Core (rbnb.jar) it will be at the heart of every DataTurbine deployment.
- Open up a terminal and launch rbnb.jar by typing:
java -jar PATH_TO_THE_FILE/rbnb.jar
Windows example: java -jar “C:\Users\Name\Desktop\rbnb.jar”
Mac/Linux example: java -jar /Users/root/Desktop/rbnb.jar
- The DataTurbine server should now be started.
- Leave this terminal window open untill you are ready to close DataTurbine.
- Now lets load some data into DataTurbine
- Finally lets view the data
- Run rdv.jar, this should open a new window.
- Select File>Connect from the Menu
- On the left hand side of RDV there should be a document tree labeled Channels, double click on Test.
- Now double click on Channel 1. You are now interacting with data stored in DataTurbine.
- Try dragging Channel 2 and Channel 3 onto the same panel. The graphs should now be overlaid.